This Privacy Statement explains how GameGrip handles your personal information.
You are at the heart of everything we do. Our goal is to maintain your trust and confidence by handling your personal information with respect and putting you in control.
It’s important that you know what personal information GameGrip Holding B.V. and/or GameGrip Events B.V. and/or GameGrip Agency B.V. (known here as “we” or ” GameGrip”) collects about you, and how we use it. This Privacy Statement informs you how GameGrip processes data of persons, such as the personal data of visitors of GameGrip’s websites and buyers of tickets of tournaments, festivals, concerts and other events organized by GameGrip (hereinafter: “the user” or “you”). GameGrip regards the safe and correct collection and use of your personal data of great importance. Please read it carefully.
We’ve done our best to make our clarifications short and easy to understand. Nevertheless, if you’d like further information, or have any questions, please contact us using the details in the ‘Contact’ section below.
COLLECTION OF DATA
Directly through you – When you create an account, purchase a product from us (such as a ticket or merchandise), we will collect your contact and billing information.
Through our websites and apps – For the performance, improvement and registration of our services GameGrip processes your personal data through GameGrip’s websites www.gamegrip.nl, as well as dedicated tournament-/festival websites. GameGrip also processes your data when you subscribe to digital newsletters of GameGrip via www.gamegrip.nl or dedicated tournament-/festival websites.
At events – GameGrip can also process personal data of visitors at events produced or co-produced by GameGrip, for example by registering an event (by camera) for commercial and safety purposes. GameGrip will provide visitors of events with a clear notice of such registrations and will not share any personal data with third parties without consent, insofar as consent can reasonably be acquired and unless GameGrip is obliged to do so by law.
WHICH INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- When you create an account, purchase a product from us (such as a ticket, or merchandise), we will collect your contact and billing information.
- When you purchase tickets to one of our events, or an event for which we are a co-promoter, we will receive your information from ticket agents used to sell tickets for our promoted and co-promoted events, or the venues we hire to put on the event. This includes your name, contact details and ticket purchase information, such as number of tickets bought and seat number(s).
- When you use a social media feature within our website or apps, and you post to social media platforms, the social media site will provide us with some information about you.
- If you have accessibility requirements, we want to make sure you have the best experience when attending events. To do this, we need to collect details of your requirements (which may involve you providing information about your mental or physical health).
- In the few instances where we collect personal information from children, we always seek parental consent and will only ever collect such information for the purposes specified when we collect it.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION AND TO WHAT PURPOSE?
This section explains how we use your information and the legal basis on which we use it.
For the performance of our contract with you
We use your information when you enter into a contract with us (for example to buy merchandise or a ticket) so we can:
- process your order;
- take payment;
- provide you with customer support.
For our legitimate business interests
- To conduct market research and analysis which helps improve and customise our products and services;
- For our marketing purposes, unless your consent is required for such marketing;
- To send you customer service emails including booking confirmations and event reminders;
- To prevent or detect unlawful behaviour, to protect or enforce our legal rights or as otherwise permitted by law. For example, making sure tickets get into the hands of real fans. As such, we may use your information to prevent ticket touting, misuse of our intellectual property (e.g. our or our event partner’s brands), fraud, or other crimes.
Your personal data will not be used for other purposes than the above. If you no longer wish to receive information from us, you can ask us to unsubscribe and remove your (email) address from our mailing lists. For more information we refer you to the paragraph “Your choices and rights” section below.
WHERE YOU’VE GIVEN YOUR CONSENT
- To contact you with information or offers regarding our upcoming events, products or services – this may be via email, via push and web notifications, via SMS, or social media platforms. You can change your marketing preferences at any time, see “Your choices and rights” section below.
- To provide you with location based services – for instance through our tournament-/festival apps which allow you to see yourself on the map so we can use your location to send you push notifications about what’s going on around you.
- To process your health data to meet your accessibility requirements, where specifically required and explicit consent is provided.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH AND WHY
- Within the family of companies who provide services for us such as marketing, profiling, reporting and technical support;
- Our third-party service providers (sometimes known as data processors) such as cloud computing providers who provide the IT infrastructure on which our products and systems are built;
- Third parties who provide goods and services purchased by you (e.g. merchandise) so that they can process and fulfil your orders;
- Government agencies or other authorised bodies where permitted or required by law.
Third party websites
Except for the aforementioned websites of third parties that GameGrip has instructed as a processor of personal data, this Privacy Statement does not apply to (linked) third party websites. Such as websites and apps of sponsors or partners of GameGrip or social media buttons on our websites via which these social media services process your personal information. GameGrip does not accept any responsibility for the privacy policies of third parties. We advise you to consult the specific privacy statement on any such third party website.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
- You may always request us to correct or remove your personal information or provide you with a copy of your personal data with GameGrip.
- the right to object to our processing of your data and to
to request that your information be erased or restricted from further use;
- the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you;
- the right to correct, amend or update information you have given us.
To exercise any of the above rights please send an e-mail to.
LOOKING AFTER YOUR INFORMATION
We exert our utmost efforts to protect your information. The security measures we use will depend on the type of information collected. Access to your information is only granted to persons who need it to perform their assigned tasks. Please note that the Internet is never 100% safe. You yourself should take safety precautions as well and never give your password to others.
We only keep your information for as long as required to provide you with the services you request, for the purposes outlined in this policy and for any legal purposes for which we are obliged to keep the information. We will securely delete your information when it is no longer required for these purposes, in line with our company policies.
If you have any questions concerning the information above or our approach to privacy, please check our website for our contact information: www.gamegrip.nl
GameGrip reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time. We advise you to check the Privacy Statement regularly for any changes.
Updated: October 25, 2019